Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev’s wife died on January 23, 1997. The reason for her death has been explained as mahasamadhi.
Mahasamadhi is defined as follows:
Mahāsamādhi (the great and final samādhi) is the act of consciously and intentionally leaving one’s body. A realized yogi (male) or yogini (female) who has attained the state of nirvikalpa samādhi, will, at an appropriate time, consciously exit from their body. This is known as mahāsamādhi. This is not the same as the physical death that occurs for an unenlightened person.
But did Viji really attain mahasamadhi?
Let us first look at her pics. See how she looked during those days and how young she was:
People who say that she went to mahasamadhi are just repeating what Jaggi Vasudev said or what others are saying. I have never come across anyone offline or online who was actually present when it happened.
It is said that there were hundreds of people who witnessed it, but who knows? Does just saying that over and over again make it true? Even if they were present at the event, what exactly did they witness? Did they actually witness Viji sitting in front of them fully alive, being in meditation and dropping dead finally? Did all this happenbefore their eyes without missing any details or did they hear such a news when Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev just came out of the room and told them that Viji had left her body?
This incident happened many years ago and it is easy to convince people that she went to Mahasamadhi by repeating the story over and over again. If someone wants to believe in something, they just have to hear it over and over again. Because, if everyone in Isha maintains the same thing, you would never question it even though you were not present in that place.
Very important point: In our country, nobody cremates someone who attains Mahasamadhi. It is a custom to bury people who attained Mahasamadhi.
Now, consider the following points:
- Viji, Sadhguru’s wife, was cremated; not buried. Why?
- She was cremated immediately and Jaggi Vasudev didn’t wait for his father in law to reach there in spite of the requests. The request made by Viji’s own father to wait was ignored. Why?
- His father in law made a police complaint later that he was suspicious about Viji’s death and that Viji might have been murdered. It is true that anyone can make a police complaint and that doesn’t mean that the allegation is true. But the person who made the complaint was not just anyone, but Viji’s own father. Why? Think about it…
- Viji was very young and her daughter was too young to lose her mother. Jaggi said Viji had planned her mahasamadhi few months before her death. No mother will do such a thing to her child and leave her child orphan. Why would anyone be in such a hurry to leave their body?
- She didn’t even wait to see the completion of the consecration of Dhyanalinga. As per Jaggi’s own words, he has been working towards the consecration for three life times. He even decided where and in which womb Viji and others close to him should be born. His sole reason for being born this time was to consecrate Dhyanalinga. Even then, she irresponsibly left her body before the consecration was complete though she knew that she was also playing an important part in the consecration by forming an energy triangle with Jaggi and the other woman Bharti. And Jaggi, who had a lot of control over in which womb Bharti and Viji should be born, had zero control over her mahasamadhi. Why?
- According to Jaggi, Viji was not an accomplished yogi. So it is a mystery how she learnt the art of leaving the body at will. Because, leaving the body at will is something that cannot be done so easily even by the advanced yogis. How did Viji, a normal householder and not an accomplished yogi was able to leave her body at will?
- According to Jaggi, he has the power to peg people down if they are about to leave their body because of enlightenment. Still, Jaggi was not able to hold Viji down and stop her from leaving the body. Doesn’t it sound strange? Here is an excerpt from the book “‘Enlightenment – An inside story” and here is what Jaggi Vasudev said in that book:
Have you noticed in India, most of the Enlightened beings died very young? Any number of them, by the time they are thirty-two, they are over. Have you noticed this? Because, retaining the body needs lots of tricks. Realization is one aspect, but what the science of this body is, is another aspect. If you do not know the science of the body, if you do not have a grasp and control over the science of how this life and body are functioning in tandem, you cannot retain the body.
So you will have to play some tricks to retain the body. Various kinds of tricks are played by various Masters, but generally, only those who are on the path of Kriya generally manage their body; others cannot hold on to their body.
This is the reason why generally, when people attain to a certain peak, we will not let them reach the ultimate peak; we peg them down there. I have lots of people around me like this — they are just one step behind. They are in a certain exalted state, they have grown close to it, one more step means they will leave, but we will always hold them down there, so that their physical bodies run their full course. They have much more sense than other people, they are good manure for the world so we want them to be useful in the world. We want to enslave them and use them for everybody’s wellbeing, otherwise all the beautiful people will leave. (Laughter).
So we don’t let them go, climb the final step, until their bodies wear themselves out through the natural process of living. When they go beyond a certain age, then we take off the peg — then it is up to them. Until then we fix them down, because if full Enlightenment happens they will not know how to sustain the body unless they put in an enormous amount of study. You don’t like that? Personally, even I don’t like it, but I have some social responsibilities. (Laughs).
So, Why wasn’t Jaggi Vasudev able to stop Viji from leaving her body when he is able to stop everyone else in the ashram from doing so? He goes on to the say that since Viji was no more, he had to play the role of Viji as well and that not only delayed the consecration for another two years but it also caused severe damage to Jaggi’s body. According to him, he was almost dead in the process. Why didn’t he avoid all this trouble by ‘pegging down’ Viji?
- Viji was not happy with Jaggi’s association with Bharti. It is mentioned in the book ‘Sadhguru: More than a Life by Arundhathi Subramaniam’ that the couple actually had quarrels regarding that.
- Of course, police dismissed the case due to the lack of evidence. But you need to understand that if you give money to police in India, they will do anything. Our police department is not 100% free of corruption yet. A case can be dismissed if the sufficient bribe is paid.
Now, considering all the above facts, it is difficult to answer these questions if we accept that she died because of Mahasamadhi.
But everything seem to fit very well when we even assume for a minute that Jaggi killed his wife because of his relationship with Bharti , bribed the police to dismiss the case and created a fake story of mahasamadhi.
I leave the conclusion to you people who read this answer. If anyone really thinks they can solve the puzzles in the above 9 points properly with valid reasons, let them comment here and explain.
Finally, here is the news from the newspaper:
Update (31st Dec 2019):
With the help of environmental activist Piyush Manush of Salem, I got the actual FIR copies of the case:
As the complaint says, her father requested to not to shift the dead body for cremation. He also mentions that cremation was not a practice in his community. So, this is a very valid question. I am not saying Jaggi killed her but he certainly needs to answer the valid questions which are raised here.
By the way, My name is Shanmugam and I already have another website http://nellaishanmugam.wordpress.com. I have already written a lot about Jaggi raising various questions about his spiritual teachings and some claims he has made but due to constant bullying and trolling of Jaggi’s followers in totally inhuman ways, I chose to write this page anonymously. But now I have revealed my name here so that I can also invite you to read my other articles on Jaggi, which challenges his authenticity as a spiritual teacher.
I used to consider Jaggi as my guru and the only person I could trust. That lasted for nearly 15 years. But from 2017, I began raise some questions in my blog posts when I saw a lot of problems. I can’t explain everything here but you can follow this link to know more: Shanmugam P’s answer to Can anyone tell about their experiences with Jaggi Vasudev aka Sadhguru?
I was addressing him as ‘sadhguru’ in my posts in spite of all this but since the followers of this guru constantly tried to bully me, call me names, humiliate me etc for the last three years and since Jaggi did absolutely nothing to explain the doubts raised by people like me, I chose to stop calling him as sadhguru. It looks like a majority of his followers lost the ability to think logically. I just want to say one thing to them: Jaggi himself says truth is the authority and authority is not the truth. If you have understood that statement then you wouldn’t be so blind and hell bent to support and believe everything he says without thinking.
Watch this video too:
While spirituality has become a huge business, spiritual experiences, personal transformation because of spiritual practices and spiritual enlightenment are real. In fact, a specific field of Psychology called Transpersonal Psychology studies spirituality in a scientific manner. The only solution to make authentic spirituality available to people is to bridge science and spirituality. I am taking my attempts towards it. I have an Youtube channel where I discuss with spiritual seekers about my own experiences in spirituality, deprogramming yourself from cults, Transpersonal psychology and more.
Visit this page to subscribe to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/shanmugamp?sub_confirmation=1